Regular Checkups Are Essential for Good Oral Health
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and we think that’s never truer than when it comes to your dental health. Dr. Russo and the rest of our staff want to help all of our patients stay out of the dental chair as much as possible. The best way to do that? Schedule regular checkups and cleanings with a dentist in Orlando! These visits help us make sure your smile is in tip-top shape and that it looks as great as it feels. If you want to be proactive with your oral health by scheduling dental checkups and teeth cleanings in our Orlando, FL dental office, give us a call today.
WHY CHOOSE DR. JOHN E. RUSSO FOR DENTAL CHECKUPS AND TEETH CLEANINGS?
We Love Working With Patients of All Ages
Highly-Trained, Compassionate Dentist and Hygienists
Our team will assist you to file for dental insurance
What Does a Dental Checkup Include?
During your exam, Dr. Russo looks closely at every aspect of your oral health. In addition to a cleaning, here are the basic steps included in every checkup:
- Certain medical conditions can affect your oral health (and vice versa), so we’ll start by updating and reviewing your medical history.
- Without routine X-rays, we can’t see what’s happening inside your teeth, under your dental work, or inside your jaws. We typically take these images about once per year to help us see everything that we need to.
- Both Dr. Russo and one of our hygienists will perform a simple oral cancer screening that takes just minutes.
- Once per year (more frequently for our patients with gum disease), we’ll perform a gum exam so we can closely monitor your gum health and, when needed, make the best treatment recommendations.
- Finally, Dr. Russo will spend time assessing your teeth and existing dental work and answering any questions you may have.
What is a Teeth Cleaning Like?
Our hygienists have decades of experience and we’re fortunate that they’ve spent many of those years with us. They’re also compassionate and gentle and will always “check in” with you throughout your appointment to make sure you stay comfortable.
After using special tools to remove the plaque and tartar that you can’t remove at home, they’ll polish and floss to make sure everything feels slick and smooth. They’ll also give you oral hygiene tips to maintain that fresh feeling between visits and help you prevent bad breath, gum disease, and cavities.
How Often Do You Need a Dental Checkup and Teeth Cleaning?
Along with good oral hygiene habits at home, we’ve found that regular checkups are the cornerstone of good oral health. In most cases, just two visits a year is enough to keep your oral health on track. However, if you have active gum disease, we’ll recommend these visits every 3-4 months to keep it from progressing.
In addition, anyone who is pregnant or has certain health conditions like diabetes may also benefit from more frequent cleanings. Some insurance plans even cover these additional visits, so if you’re ever in doubt, we’re happy to help you check your benefits.