Delta Dental Dentist in Orlando
If you have dental insurance, you are entitled to savings on a range of services in preventive, restorative, and possibly even cosmetic dentistry. Dr. John E. Russo is your Delta Dental dentist in Orlando, providing comprehensive dental services for families and individuals. Understanding your insurance plan and the benefits you are entitled to is the first step to making the most out of your investment. Learn more about how dental insurance works below!
Your Delta Dental Insurance
Patients insured under Delta Dental are covered by America’s largest dental benefits provider. With 34.5 million enrollees, more people in our country are covered under Delta Dental insurance than by any other company. Families and individuals across the state of Florida trust Delta Dental for their dental benefits.
Important Dental Insurance Terms
Learning about your insurance plan can feel overwhelming. There are words you’ve maybe never heard before -- or words you’ve always heard without really understanding what they mean. Let’s take a look at some important vocabulary related to dental insurance.
- In-network: A dentist who is in-network with your dental insurance has made an agreement to provide certain services at a reduced rate for you. The dental insurance provider reimburses the dentist for care provided. Dr. Russo is in-network with Delta Dental.
- Out-of-network: An out-of-network dentist is one who has not agreed to provide services for a specific dental insurance provider. But out-of-network dentists may still accept your dental insurance, like in the case of a PPO plan.
- PPO, HMO: A PPO, or preferred provider organization, allows you to choose the medical professional providing your care. An HMO stands for health maintenance organization, and offers less flexibility.
- Premium: The amount of money you pay every month in exchange for your coverage.
- Copay: The amount of money you must pay at the time you receive services.
- Annual maximum: The amount of money beyond which your dental insurance will not provide coverage.
Learning About Your Benefits
What services are you eligible for under your dental insurance plan? How often can you visit the dentist? And who is covered? These are all important things to know to make the most out of your dental insurance. Most dental insurance plans cover basic preventive services, like a six month checkup, cleaning, and annual x-rays or fluoride treatments. Many plans cover restorative treatments like fillings. For a higher premium, you may receive coverage for certain cosmetic services, too.
Coverage varies from plan to plan, and the services you are eligible for depend on your specific package. Feel free to contact our office to discuss your dental insurance plan, or you can always learn more by calling Dental Dental (or your specific provider) directly. People who are insured by their employer can also learn about their dental insurance plan through the company’s human resources department.
Schedule a Visit Today!
As an enrollee in Delta Dental insurance, you are able to receive important preventive care each year at no cost. Take advantage of your coverage by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Russo today!